Saturday, May 3, 2008

So Many Beers, So Little Time

Today should be an adventure. At 5:00pm myself and ten of my closest friends are heading to an event called “Beer on the Pier.” It’s a four-hour, all-you-can-drink, beers-from-around-the-world tasting event held at (obviously) Navy Pier. And, as we all know by now, I sure do love me some drinking on the weekends.

The blessing and the curse of this evening is that I have to be in bed early, or at least early enough to be up and on my way to the suburbs at 9:30am. The event itself will end at 9:30pm, at which point I should probably mosey on home. That will prevent me from engaging in any late night antics that could inevitably lead me to hooking up. And it will keep me from showing up looking like a drunken asshole wherever New Guy happens to be which, ps, is what occurred last Saturday night. (pps-nothing happened.)

But what I am most concerned about is the large amount of beer I will be consuming today coupled with an undoubtedly large number of male attendees. Then again, I don’t know if I’d even want to tell my grandkids I met their Papa at something called “Beer on the Pier.” Instead, I think I’ll hold out to meet Mr. Right at our annual Flippy Cup Tournament in July. Now that’s classy.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Further and further into this I'm feeling more confident that you're on top of your game. Hope it was fun!