Friday, June 13, 2008

A Guy In Every Port

Like I said yesterday, I will be doing some traveling over the next two weeks. Specifically, I am leaving for Florida next Wednesday, get back on Sunday, then go to New York on Tuesday. Both of these trips are for work, but in the past I haven’t let that affect my fun. I generally do whatever it is I have to do during normal business hours. Then I have the nights off to enjoy myself. By now, I don’t think I have to tell you what it is that I have “enjoyed” doing. Okay, fine I will – I hook up.

Duh.

You see, when I’m not being Professional Allie, I let Playtime Allie travel with me. She’s the one that, in the aforementioned locations, has dated a stand-up comedian, several radio personalities, and an NFL player. For the most part, when I have to go out of town for work, it’s to New York, Florida, or Las Vegas. So I have a few boys in these places that I generally reach out to whenever I book a trip. The nice thing about going out with guys that live hundreds of miles away is that it used to fit right into my normal non-commitment schema. It also allowed for one of my favorite activities: flirt-texting as a preamble to the night out itself. I have literally spent months flirting via text with boys in New York, Florida and Vegas before we’ve actually hung out. There’s nothing like a lengthy conversation filled with sexual innuendo to build the tension to a crescendo that you can relieve in an expensed hotel room. Don’t worry, I always tip the maid. She deserves it.

So…now what? Well, since I actually enjoy hanging out with some of these guys, I have given them the heads up that I will be there. But I’ve also let them know that I am celibate in the hopes that won’t stop us from having a drink, but it will keep them from trying anything. Most of my local booty boys are well aware of what it is I’m up to. One by one, they have given up on trying to break me down. However, the NY and FL guys haven’t been here to witness the recent transformation in my life - or my late-night habits. To be honest, I’m not sure how it’s going to go over when, at the end of the night, they say your place or mine and I respond “do you have Domino’s Pizza here and, if so, what’s their number?” So, like I said, now what?

Perhaps, since this time is about Allie learning to be alone, it would be best if I saw what it was like to go back to my hotel room by myself every night. Nothing sexual is going to happen, nor do I want it to, so maybe I shouldn’t tempt the fates…and by “fates” I mean “drunk boys that have seen me naked before.” After all, that would give me the chance to blog, read, work out, and not go into the office every day with a hangover that would kill an alcoholic gorilla. I also have girlfriends in each of those places that I would probably have just as much fun with while I’m there.

Thus, I suppose I’m going to try to forgo my usual nights out when I’m away. Come to think of it, maybe that’ll keep me from coming back to Chicago exhausted after every work trip. Better yet, since I don’t have to pack condoms, that’ll leave room in my suitcase for another pair of shoes!

xo

2 comments:

Aistheword said...

I don't think you want to know what I thought this post was going to be about. But lets just think about the digital age and what a "port" might be.

Derek said...

I just found this blog on google. Too funny. You have a way with words!