Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Think I've Learned My Lesson

Today I had the most wonderful date…

A walk down Michigan Avenue, a trip to the art museum, and dinner at a vegetarian restaurant I’ve been wanting to try. The food was amazing, the conversation, delightful; the hours passed quickly and I hope we’ll do it again soon.

The only problem is that this perfect date was with my mother.

You didn’t think a guy was going to do all of that with me, did you?

I invited Mom to spend the night but she politely declined because she's meeting friends at a bar in Edison Park.

I stayed in tonight to do laundry and my mother is going out drinking because she didn’t have to ground herself this weekend. Awesome.

Oh celibacy, how you mock me. Yeah, I know. I made this bed and now I’m sleeping in it.

At least the sheets are clean.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big D...awesome.