Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm Still A (Reality TV) Whore

Last night, I had a moment. Something was very, very different.
I was sitting in bed, watching TV, the kind of TV you can only watch when you’re single: The Bachelor on TiVo.
I wasn’t texting anybody. I wasn’t checking myspace.
I was cut off from the world and I was actually perfectly content.
This is not normal for me. My cell phone lives in my hand. So that got me thinking…wtf?

It’s not like this is the first time I haven’t had a boyfriend. But the way I’ve worked most breakups has been a lot like juggling; I keep two balls in my hands at all times and a third one always in the air.
Um, yeah. That wasn’t supposed to sound nearly as dirty as it did.
I meant that I’m never really single for long.
Anyways…

Now, for the first time in my life, I feel like I’m not just “in between boyfriends.”
I feel like I’m single with a lower-case “s” rather than a capital one.
I’m not on the prowl.
And it actually….sorta….feels good. Weird. But good.

By the way, those chicks on The Bachelor are single in all caps and bold letters.

Actually, they’re just assholes.

xo

2 comments:

max said...

I can beliveve the part about u living on ur cell phone!

Anonymous said...

For the record, it's never appropriate to watch The Bachelor.